People often dream of retirement, but the reality doesn’t always live up to expectations. Today’s senior living communities, however, can deliver the vibrant and carefree lifestyle you or your loved ones desire. Here are some of the top reasons to forego “aging in place” and instead consider embarking on a new chapter in a place designed to help seniors thrive.
- Low-maintenance lifestyle: While it can be tempting for seniors to stay put in their home, maintaining a house can become a real chore—not to mention expensive.
- An engaging social life: Many older adults find themselves longing for a more active social scene. A senior living community is just that—a community of individuals interested in making connections and living life to the fullest.
- Resort-style living: Living like you’re on vacation certainly has its advantages! In addition to the comforts of home, The Watermark at Westwood Village has a host of resort-style amenities, such as concierge service and an on-site salon and spa.
- Peace of mind: A move to a senior living community isn’t all about luxury—it can provide the peace of mind that comes from knowing customized care is available 24/7.
- Consolidated costs: Like an all-inclusive resort, a senior living community combines expenses such as rent, food, care, and more into one monthly bill—eliminating worries about unexpected maintenance costs, rising property taxes, home insurance, and more. It can also be considerably less expensive than in-home care.